The Letter of Intent must be submitted using The Fund’s online grant management system.
The Letter of Intent process is two-fold:
- Letters of Intent must be submitted by the deadline.
- If an organization’s Letter of Intent is accepted, a full application will be invited.
If the application is on behalf of a partnership or collaborative of organizations, only one application may be submitted. Applicant organizations must be tax-exempt under IRS Code section 501(c) 3 or have a fiscal agent/sponsor that is a 501 (c) 3.
Grant requests cannot exceed $25,000.
There is no guarantee that the funding requested will be awarded.
- Commitment to true collaboration; shared goals, strategies and resources among all partners and stakeholders
- Commitment to demonstrating outcomes by tracking and analyzing data
- Sound organizational fiscal management and stability
- Diverse organizational funding streams
- A focus on the success of youth in The Fund’s catchment area with specific attention to Hartford, New Britain and Middletown
- Evidence of the ability to effectively measure of one or more of the following indicators either at a population or programmatic level:
- Children and youth exhibit developmentally appropriate numeracy skills
- Children and youth exhibit developmentally appropriate literacy skills
- Children and youth exhibit developmentally appropriate socio-emotional skills
- Children and youth demonstrate a decrease in summer learning loss
- Children and youth demonstrate a decrease in chronic absenteeism
- Efforts contribute to the creation or continued development of statewide systems that support the achievement of one or more of the above indicators
The Fund will not support the following:
- Organizations that have the IRS Private Foundation designation
- Endowment funds
- Religious institutions, other than for their provision of nonsectarian community services
- Capital projects
- Performances, conferences, field trips, events, ceremonies and/or fairs
- Annual campaigns
- Operations of educational institutions